Administrative Specialist II - 09029C
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Dean of the College of Engineering and Computer Science with daily tasks, such as: calendar and scheduling management, prepare and edit correspondence, coordinate events for the college, manage communication with other departments and external stakeholders
- Develop and manage newsletter for the college.
- Organize meetings for the dean as needed from time to time
- Manage logistics for new hire candidates, as well as documentation in university hiring system.
- Be able to complete travel requests in university’s travel system and other logistics necessary for students’ travel and the dean’s travel.
- Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned, and open to learning new skills
- Able to collaborate with staff and faculty, is a team player and has people skills
- Maintain office files
- Inventory and order supplies
- Update and maintain departmental web page
- Input schedule data into Banner
- Create documents in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher
- Type and proofread various documents using correct grammar and spelling
- Supervise work study students and manage the office
- Monitor and manage digital signage
- Prepare reimbursement forms for students, faculty and the dean
- Process departmental mail
- Other duties as assigned
Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Excel, scheduling with Outlook Calendar, and proficiency in writing office correspondence with Microsoft Word, and previous experience in an administrative office is required
Demonstrated proficiency in scheduling meetings with multiple attendees
Ability to acquire new skills such as developing web-based forms and surveys
Ability to prepare, present, and review oral and written information and reports, research and analyze related work program information, develop, recommend, interpret, and apply policies and procedures, analyze financial records and prepare reports, and plan, organize, and direct the work of others
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Additional hours as requested and/or needed
Regular and reliable attendance
Please note: all position postings close at 12:00 A.M. CST on the position closing date
Applicants should be extremely well organized, detail oriented, and able to refocus quickly from multiple interruptions throughout the day. Must be able to demonstrate outstanding customer service and must be a team player
The formal education equivalent of a High School Diploma
Two (2) years of experience in a specialized or related area applicable to work performed
Other job related education and/or experience may be substituted for all or parts of these basic requirements, except for certification or licensure requirements, upon approval of the qualifications review committee