Administrative Specialist II for Health Physical Educ Sports Science - 09051C
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain filing and record keeping of classified employees, various computerized and paper files, records, logs, reports, and retrieves information upon requests, and registration and records for High School Drivers Education Summer Program.
- Serves as sounding board for chair and performs specific tasks as assigned.
- Opens, sorts, and distributes mail.
- Supervises work-study students and part-time office assistants.
- Processes all Employee Status Forms in a timely manner.
- Maintain and update all data in Banner for Schedules each term.
- Removes all Advisor Holds for students and updating Advisor information.
- Answers calls and provides proper information and/or refers all incoming calls to the department.
- Greets walk in traffic and directs students and visitors.
- Processes and completes paperwork for all travel for Faculty and Chair.
- Maintains record of all reimbursement checks issued.
- Responsible for processing all Budget Transfers and requisitions for department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of record keeping procedures, the principles and practices of mathematics and statistics, work-related subject area, and computers and software applications.
Ability to conduct research and compile data into report form, establish and maintain filing systems, operate standard office equipment, analyze documents to determine compliance with rules, regulations, and
procedures, and communicate both orally and in writing.
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Additional hours as requested and/or needed
Regular and reliable attendance
This position works closely with the Department Chair of Health Physical Education Sports Science (HPESS) and serves as general secretary for each faculty and staff of HPESS. This includes typing and duplication of exams, memos, letters, as well as general correspondence and scheduling of appointments.
The formal education equivalent of a High School Diploma
Two (2) years of experience in a specialized or related area applicable to work performed.
Other job related education and/or experience may be substituted for all or parts of these basic requirements, except for certification or licensure requirements, upon approval of the qualifications review committee.