Budget Specialist - 17038C
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing overall student and employee account collections.
- Establish and monitor business practices and customer service processes within the collections area.
- Works with collection agency representatives to manage ongoing collection efforts.
- Submits outstanding collections to the State of Arkansas state income tax refund setoff program for potential recoveries.
- Handles electronic billing through TouchNet and paper billing for all student accounts.
- Assists and counsels students as needed by phone or in person with account questions, payment plans, and other information.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of the principles and practices of accounting, and state budget and accounting procedures.
Ability to prepare and present oral and written financial information and reports, research and analyze programs and fiscal records, determine needs, and make recommendations, and interpret and apply budgetary and fiscal policies and procedures.
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Additional hours as requested and/or needed
Regular and reliable attendance
Please attach a resume to your application
The formal education equivalent of a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field
One (1) year of experience involving accounting and budgetary activities.
Additional requirements determined by the agency for recruiting purposes require review and approval by the Office of Personnel Management.
Other job related education and/or experience may be substituted for all or parts of these basic requirements, except for certification or licensure requirements, upon approval of the qualifications review committee.