Computer Support Specialist - 19026C
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Answer the help-desk phone Responsible for assisting faculty and students with questions or problems related to on-line course content
- Provide prompt and helpful feedback to individuals requesting assistance
- Maintain the help-desk database
- Prepare help-desk data reports
- Responsible for assisting faculty and staff with questions or problems relating to a particular area including hardware, software, and network issues
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned
Knowledge of the limitations and use of mainframe and microcomputer hardware and software
Ability to analyze computer system problems or errors and devise corrective meA-Stateres, write moderately complex applications to fulfill requirements or select appropriate off-the-shelf software and modify to suit the agency or institution, read and interpret technical literature and evaluate product acceptability and/or quality, manage disk space for micro, mini, or personal computer systems to ensure effective utilization of data, space, and equipment, and code, test, and debug computer programs and write program documentation.
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Additional hours as requested and/or needed
Regular and reliable attendance
Works under the supervision of the Manager for the Help Desk.
The formal education equivalent of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Applications, Mathematics, or a related field
Two (2) years of experience in computer support
Completion of technical training in computer science, data processing, or a related field acquired from a vocational, military, or industrial setting plus four years experience in computer support plus one year of supervisory experience.
Other job related education and/or experience may be substituted for all or part of these basic requirements, except for certification or licensure requirements, upon approval of the qualifications review committee.