Institutional Services Assistant - 03057C
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Empties waste baskets, dumps trash, and replaces trash bags
- Wipes clean furniture such as desk tops, tables, and other surfaces
- Cleans floors by sweeping, vacuuming, and mopping as required
- Cleans restroom facilities
- Replaces paper towels and tissue as needed and maintains adequate supply of each
- Notifies supervisor of maintenance and repairs needed in areas cleaned
- Assists in room and audiovisual set-ups
- Ensures building security by watching for vandalism and patron safety
- Performs minor repairs on building equipment and furnishings
- Performs related responsibilities as required or assigned
Knowledge of basic cleaning techniques and cleaning equipment operation and maintenance
Ability to follow instructions and perform repetitive manual work, use cleansers and other agents to clean floors and furniture, use housekeeping cleaning supplies and equipment, work independently without close supervision, follow oral and/or written instructions, perform multiple tasks and to prioritize assignments, perform repetitive manual work, and required lifting (up to 50 lbs.).
Wednesday - Sunday
6:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Additional hours as requested and/or needed
Regular and reliable attendance
This position is considered Essential Personnel
The formal education equivalent of a High School Diploma
A valid Driver's License
Other job related education and/or experience may be substituted for all or part of these basic requirements, except for certification or licensure requirements, upon approval of the qualifications review committee.