Library Technician - 09089C
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists in the implementation of digital projects as assigned by senior staff. Creates and updates data in multiple databases for digital project production.
- Creates and updates digital assets.
- Performs metadata maintenance in the library’s ILS system as well as archives management applications.
- Maintains a knowledge and understanding of content standards (DACS, RDA) and metadata standards (MARC, MODS), as well as standards for digital preservation and access.
- Processes and updates bibliographic, holdings, and item records in the library online system.
- Prints spine labels on new books and writes call number in books.
- Searches OCLC and local library systems for appropriate bibliographic records and makes printouts.
- Does copy cataloging for children's books and other items as needed.
- Repairs damaged books and damaged spine labels.
- Performs routine clean-up in the local cataloging system.
- Participates in various library committees and task groups as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of basic library procedures and practices, and computers and their applications.
Ability to operate general office equipment, communicate both orally and in writing, read and follow instructions, stand and walk for long periods, to move book carts, and lift up to 20 pounds, and stoop, bend and reach.
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Additional hours as requested and/or needed
Regular and reliable attendance
Occasional lifting of heavy books and equipment is required.
The formal education equivalent of a High School Diploma
Two (2) years of experience in a library environment.
Other job related education and/or experience may be substituted for all or parts of these basic requirements, except for certification or licensure requirements, upon approval of the qualifications review committee