Student Development Specialist - A00466
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise and mentor at least four Graduate Hall Directors.
- Provide oversight of an on campus residential area
- Coordinate administrative & operational functions between central office and area.
- Provide leadership in daily responsibilities and in crisis intervention.
- Facilitate student growth and development.
- Promote individual and team development.
- Participate in selection, training, and evaluation of student staff.
- Coordinate one or more departmental programs (Resident Assistant Training, Resident Assistant Selection, Advising of student groups, etc).
- Represent the Department of Residence Life at seminars and conferences
Knowledge of university housing practices and procedures, housing record keeping procedures, university purchasing practices and procedures related to housing operations, and how to plan and organize events for students.
Knowledge of sophomore living learning experience programming is a plus.
Ability to maintain records and prepare reports related to housing operations and interpret housing rules and regulations.
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Additional hours as requested and/or needed
A Master's degree in College Student Personnel, Higher Education Administration, Counseling or related field is preferred. Two (2) - three (3) years of residence hall management experience is preferred post receipt of Master's degree.
Experience with community living, and leadership development and advising an NRHH chapter or Staff Advisory Board is desired.
Strong oral and written communication skills and strong organizational and administrative skills are preferred.
The formal education equivalent of a bachelor's degree in general business, public administration, or related field; plus two years of experience in student housing, student programs, or related area.
Other job related education and/or experience may be substituted for all or parts of these basic requirements, except for certification or licensure requirements, upon approval of the qualifications review committee.
Commensurate with ExperienceApply Now!