Ritter Communications has been at the forefront of the local communications industry for more than a century. We began providing telephone service in Northeast Arkansas in 1906. Since then, Ritter has become a regional telecommunications provider delivering a broad and competitive range of communications products and services to businesses and residents in Northeast and North Central Arkansas and West Tennessee. By providing our Business Services customers with the most innovative and integrated technology and services, we’re dedicated to reducing their costs and maximizing their profits with customized connectivity solutions. Our Residential Services customers enjoy lightning fast Internet speeds, cable TV and HDTV and reliable local and long distance phone service. Our services are delivered and supported by a dependable team of local industry experts.
We are looking for an experienced Construction Technician to join our team.
Performs duties related to the installation, operation, and maintenance of outside telephone and cable television plant. Places and maintains aerial coaxial and fiber optic cables, including splicing and activation. Operates aerial and underground construction equipment and performs other assigned duties related to cable and hardware placement. Must be able to use tools and work equipment, including hoists, lashers, excavators and other construction equipment properly; ensure all tools and equipment are in good working order, maintained, and stored.
Essential Job Functions:
- Receives routine orders and engineering prints, indicating how cable is to be placed.
- Places cable within and maintain cable system.
- Proper use of aerial lift equipment and ladders.
- Places and maintains cables in accordance to SCTE and NEC standard practices.
- Installs protectors and demarcation devices at customer premises. Restores all disturbed surfaces caused by construction. Grounds and marks all facilities when installed.
- Operates automotive and construction equipment. Must be able to pass the CDL driver’s test. Maintains vehicle, keeping it clean and in proper working order.
- Uses tools and work equipment, including hoisting, lashing, and aerial construction equipment. Ensures all tools and equipment are in good working order, maintained, and stored properly. Reports defective tools and equipment for repair.
- Uses protective equipment and safety practices, including D.O.T. specifications. Participates in all safety training meetings.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned by Construction Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of construction practices.
- Knowledge of state and federal safety regulations.
- Knowledge of test equipment, switches, electronic equipment and all types of cable.
- Knowledge of telecommunications equipment operations and maintenance.
- Knowledge of company products and services.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Skill in reading, interpreting, and preparing documents such as work orders, purchase orders, inventory and personnel reviews.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in operating various vehicles and construction equipment.
- Skill in reading cable records, staking sheets, specifications, and circuit diagrams.
- Skill in problem solving and resolution.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as maps, staking sheets, and operating and maintenance instruction manuals.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and make sound technical decisions using information at hand.
- Ability to effectively function as a team player.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent plus two years of construction work experience and/or demonstrated proficiency equal to job knowledge skills and abilities. Two years experience and/or demonstrated proficiency in the operation and maintenance of construction equipment is required.
Ritter Communications is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer; all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. M/F/D/V.
We strive to maintain a drug-free workplace.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including health, dental, vision, cancer, accident and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, pension plan, flexible spending accounts, free gym membership, company discounts, tuition reimbursement, paid training, paid leave, and much more!Apply Now!