Generalist Human Resources
In this position, you will lead and collaborate with Business Partners regarding all aspects of HR, including policy interpretation, performance management, employee relations, investigations, partnering with recruiting, HR reporting, rewards and recognition, compensation, employment law, training and development, and organizational planning. As part of our HR teams, coordinating strategic HR programs including diversity, employee mentoring, internship engagement, and poignant career development/coaching leadership are essential to providing HR guidance. You will also be responsible for assisting in driving effective organizational change management strategies, employee engagement programs and Leadership Development initiatives which actively drive employee engagement and enablement and foster a dynamic and diverse culture.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Communicating with employees regarding policies and procedures while providing counsel to associates to maintain a productive and positive work environment essentially serving as that critical liaison between associates and management.
• Ensuring all associates and managers are properly trained to use tools and resources for effective performance and development evaluations (TPMS) while providing counsel and support to managers for performance development and improvement processes.
• Assisting leaders and managers with performance management issues, compensation, retention strategies and employee development.
• Partnering in your organization’s recruitment efforts and new hire processes including the coordination of position openings, development of job descriptions, diversity recruitment strategies, interviewing candidates, reviewing job offers, writing announcements, and being that liaison with the hiring manager and the Talent Management teams.
• Participating in various projects such as annual merit processes, annual bonus plan administration, advising on hiring decisions, doing analysis of workforce management quarterly HR data and reporting, along with strategic and tactical project delivery.
• Developing strong collaborative relationships with all members of the HR department and team members with whom we have strong working relationships, such as HR Business Partners, HR Operations and other key contacts.
• Compliance and Investigations: Observing all EEO compliance and Affirmative Action programs including drafting annual AAP, reviewing all practices related to hiring, training, transfers or promotions.
• Maintaining compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to Human Resources matters, in addition to providing direction in audits conducted by state or federal agencies such as the OFCCP as needed.
Must be able to work 2nd or 3rd shift (starting at 2pm-4pm and working an 8 hour shift) or starting at 10pm-11pm (working an 8 hour shift)
Requirements, Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business, Organizational Management related educational experience preferred.
• Knowledge of state and federal employment law including HR technical knowledge of EEO, AA, FMLA, ADA, unemployment, and worker’s compensation, investigation processes, compensation practices, benefit programs, and recruitment processes.
• Minimum 2-4 years’ of HR Generalist experience.
• Demonstrated employee management/relations/communications experience dealing with difficult employee issues while ensuring that company policies are followed fairly and consistently.
• Travel requirement 10% or more
• Systems: Microsoft Office HRIS systems – SAP preferred.
• Ability to deal effectively with employees / management, requiring high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse emotionally charged issues and to collect accurate information to resolve conflicts or issues.
• Ability to work closely with management and leadership teams.
• Strong analytical, mathematical, conceptual thinking, problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
• Ability to read, listen and communicate verbally and in writing to effectively impact the organization
• Must have excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, be detail-oriented and have the ability to manage time effectively and work autonomously as well as collaboratively in a team environment
• Must have a sound sense of urgency and be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to meet deadlines.
• Must be flexible and adaptable, and have the ability to stay focused and positive in a changing environment.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.