Install & Repair Technician - RightFiber
Ritter Communications has been at the forefront of the local communications industry for more than a century. We began providing telephone service in Northeast Arkansas in 1906. Today, Ritter Communications serves 92 communities and more than 45,000 customers across Arkansas, northeast Texas, southeast Missouri, and west Tennessee. The company has grown steadily over the years, expanding rapidly and is now the largest privately-held regional broadband fiber, telecom, video and cloud services provider in the Mid-South. Ritter invests heavily in the communities it serves by deploying proven, best-in-class infrastructure and technology, while coupling it with a world-class customer focused experience.
We are looking for an experienced Install & Repair Technician to join our team in the Northeast Arkansas area.
The Install & Repair Technician is responsible for a variety of duties pertaining to the installation and repair of high speed internet, television, and phone services via fiber. This role performs technical work in the field and responds to customer issues with a high level of service quality.
Essential Job Functions:
- Installs all Ritter services including coax, copper, and fiber delivery; identifies correct cable pair in pedestals or terminal blocks;
- Installs proper grounding for drop, inside wiring, and station protectors;
- Locates trouble in service installations; repairs or replaces faults;
- Checks loops and records proper readings as required by the company maintenance plan; localizes line trouble, and changes cable drops if required;
- Assists central office in the installation and maintenance of data equipment, modems and four-wire circuits;
- Repairs trouble in cable plant, drop wire, station wiring;
- Coordinates internally on service installations and changes to update billing and plant records;
- Maintains and repairs existing equipment by using test sets to locate line trouble;
- Determines necessary repairs, which may include repairing wiring, station protectors, ground connections, running new wires and replacing jacks, lids and pedestals as needed;
- Installs, repairs, and maintains cable/telecom lines and modems;
- Assists in FTTH and Security installations;
- Splices fiber to FTTH installations;
- Coordinates with the Dispatch, Outside Plant Maintenance, and Construction departments to ensure that installation and repair work satisfies the Company’s standards and meets customer expectations;
- Takes 24-hour call periodically to resolve service problems in assigned systems;
- Checks, maintains, and uses proper safety equipment as issued in conformance with the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) and Company safety rules and regulations;
- Climbs poles, ladders, and other structures as needed; uses bucket truck when required;
- Travels to customer sites, project areas, business related events, and other Ritter Communications locations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of company products and services;
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures;
- Knowledge of basic electronics, specification sheets, and circuit diagrams;
- Knowledge of telecommunications/CATV plant equipment operations and maintenance;
- Knowledge of telecommunications and CATV industry;
- Knowledge of telecommunications color-codes for outside cable pairs;
- Skill in operating service equipment including various hand tools and testing equipment;
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner;
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as maps, staking sheets, and operating and maintenance instruction manuals;
- Ability to pay close attention to detail;
- Ability to evaluate, test, and repair sophisticated equipment;
- Ability to improve or redesign procedures for specific installation/repair problems;
- Ability to work independently and make sound technical decisions using information at hand;
- Ability to effectively function as a team player;
- Ability to travel for business requirements; must possess a valid Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent required with additional related technical training preferred.
Must have one year of experience in the installation and repair of telecommunication equipment and services over either copper telephony or HFC networks with experience with both systems being preferred.
Ritter Communications is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We strive to maintain a drug-free workplace.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including health, dental, vision, cancer, accident and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, flexible spending accounts, free gym membership, company discounts, tuition reimbursement, paid training, paid leave, and much more!Apply Now!