Technical Support Representative
Ritter Communications has been at the forefront of the local communications industry for more than a century. We began providing telephone service in Northeast Arkansas in 1906. Today, Ritter Communications serves 92 communities and more than 45,000 customers across Arkansas, northeast Texas, southeast Missouri, and west Tennessee. The company has grown steadily over the years, expanding rapidly and is now the largest privately-held regional broadband fiber, telecom, video and cloud services provider in the Mid-South. Ritter invests heavily in the communities it serves by deploying proven, best-in-class infrastructure and technology, while coupling it with a world-class customer focused experience.
We are looking for a Technical Support Rep to join our team in our Jonesboro, Arkansas location.
Our Technical Support team serves as a primary point of contact and is responsible for providing technical support for all services and maintaining a positive impression of the company for residential customers. Consistently provides an excellent level of customer service and projects a professional image through customer interaction both internally and externally. Ensures customer satisfaction and loyalty by consulting, assisting, and resolving a wide variety of requests, inquiries and issues. The purpose of our position is to assist customers with service issues. The assistance this position delivers ranges from service trouble and changes in services as it relates to internet service or email. The Helpdesk is also responsible for performing tasks that help manage customer accounts, promoting services offered by the company, and providing technical support for services both internally and externally.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensures that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, a willingness to listen to customer needs, and solid product knowledge;
- Handles customer inquiries and complaints in a proficient and timely manner;
- Provides customer service by assisting customers with repair issues;
- Logs all calls received from customers;
- Checks and responds to support emails;
- Demonstrates adequate product knowledge and possesses ability to troubleshoot service issues for voice, data, and video;
- Able to travel to other office locations as required;
- Maintains confidentiality and security of all customer information;
- Makes outbound calls for the purpose of follow-up and support;
- Able to regularly work flexible schedules, including overtime, nights, weekends, and holidays;
- Able to work flexible hours and alternate shifts as needed;
- Provides technical support to customers by answering phone calls, gathering relevant information, and troubleshooting and resolving problems and issues;
- Provides support for dial-up, DSL, cable modem, high-speed Internet, digital phone, and cable customers;
- Responsible for providing support of value added products, such as spam/virus filtering software, accelerator products, etc.;
- Updates customer account information as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of web technologies, technical languages, browsers, search procedures, search engines, platforms and applications;
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures;
- Knowledge of Basic Ethernet;
- Knowledge of DHCP and understanding how it works;
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software; must have knowledge of the following operating systems: Windows 95, 98, 2000, XP, Vista, 7 and 8;
- Knowledge of company products and services;
- Skill in operating various equipment including scanners, printers, CD writers, and modems;
- Skill in operating various office equipment such a personal computer, telephone system, copier, and fax machine;
- Skill in problems solving and resolution;
- Skill in oral and written communication;
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner;
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments;
- Ability to pay close attention to detail;
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents;
- Ability to function as a team player.
Education and Experience:
Associate degree in Computer Technology or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
A+ certification or equivalent knowledge and experience preferred.
Two years of experience in Internet customer service/support and computer repair preferred.
Ritter Communications is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We strive to maintain a drug-free workplace.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including health, dental, vision, cancer, accident and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, flexible spending accounts, free gym membership, company discounts, tuition reimbursement, paid training, paid leave, and much more!Apply Now!